Caring for your Jewelry
All of our BIZU pieces are uniquely handmade and produced in our studio, care for your BIZU pieces should be taken as you would with any fine jewelry.
Some variances in stones and charms may occur as most of the materials used to produce our jewelry are limited in availability. Semi-precious stones will have natural inclusions and features, they are not to be viewed as flaws.
Unless otherwise stated, all our findings (wires, chains, etc.), gems and charms used in our pieces are plated. Plated jewelry is a thin layer of sterling silver or gold metal plated over a brass metal base, this means that it will tarnish (become a brown colour; wear out) over time. To minimize such effects, please;
– Please do not expose your BIZU jewelry directly to water, especially salt water, as this will degrade the materials and cause discoloration to some of the charms.
– Please try to remove all jewelry before showering, swimming or conducting household tasks such as cleaning.
– Keep your earrings lying flat in a BIZU storage box or hanging on an earring stand so that the threads don’t get crimped or bent.
– Don’t fret if they get creased or out of shape! You may lightly dampen the tassels with water and blow dry them straight using a hair dryer on low speed.
– You can also carefully trim off any errant threads.
If your cotton tassels gets out of shape, simply use your fingers to gently brush them back in shape.
Please do not tug on the tassels too hard as you may end up pulling out the threads.
Travelling with your Tassels
Always pack your tassels in our BIZU travel pouches when taking them anywhere, this will help keep your tassels safe during travel.
If your tassels loses its shape during your travels, you can simply follow the above intructions to fix them back in shape!